About Our Practice
Greenwich Adolescent Medicine, LLC was founded in 2005 by Dr. Marcie Schneider. Our practice serves adolescents and young adults, typically between the ages of 12 and 25 years. We may see younger or older patients with particular concerns.
We are familiar with and well-known to many of the schools and community pediatricians in the area, and we welcome referrals for consultation regarding specific issues faced by adolescents and their families. In addition, we provide general primary care to many patients who seek an adolescent-focused approach and setting. Our physicians have staff privileges at Greenwich Hospital and relationships with providers and facilities throughout the region.
Among the services we provide are:
- General well care ("primary care"), school and sports physicals, pre-college examinations, and assessment of normal growth and development
- Episodic "sick" care for our primary care patients
- Medical evaluation and treatment of eating disorders and obesity
- Basic gynecological and sexuality related care
- Evaluation and management of menstrual cycle disorders, including menstrual cramps
- Evaluation and discussion of substance abuse issues
- Chronic illness management
- Pre-college discussions of healthy living, including nutrition and personal safety